The following checklist will help you prepare for your admission:
- Arrange for a ride home from the hospital. You cannot drive yourself home.
- Arrange for someone to stay with you overnight. If no one is available, notify your doctor or the Wait List Management Office (613-696-7061).
- Take your usual medications (except for metformin (diabetic pill) and Coumadin® (blood thinner) with a little water on the morning of the procedure, unless otherwise directed by the nurse from the Day Unit.
- Bring all your medications in the original bottles dispensed by pharmacy. Please complete the medication list included in this book or bring an updated list with you.
- Do not bring any valuables (including money and jewellery). The Heart Institute is not responsible for loss or damage of such items.
- Remove nail polish and do not apply makeup.
- Do not use any scented skin products (talcum, lotion, perfume, cologne, aftershave, etc.).
- Advise family members/visitors to refrain from using scented skin products. Visitors may be asked to leave or refused permission to visit if they are wearing fragranced products (as per hospital policy).
- Have available the phone number(s) of an emergency contact person.
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO KEEP YOUR APPOINTMENT FOR ANY REASON,
PLEASE NOTIFY THE WAIT LIST MANAGEMENT OFFICE AT 613-696-7061