As soon as possible.
The Clinical Research Manager provides the leadership necessary to enable the successful implementation of the respective clinical research programs. The Manager has experience in the conduct of investigator initiated single, multicentre and industry sponsored studies.
Responsibilities include oversight and management of all aspects of the clinical research process, including, but not limited to, assurance of regulatory compliance, project finances, budgets, project feasibility, contracts and personnel.
- Responsible for the oversight and management of principle multi-year and multi site research initiatives at the local, national and international level, as well as industry sponsored initiatives for UOHI clinical research programs (CIHR, HSF, CFI, Health Canada, Ontario Health).
- Management of research program finances, budgets, and contract review processes. Preparation of bi-annual budget review/projections for investigator review.
- Monitor and prepare reports as required ie. CIHR, H&S, Ontario Health.
- Supervises the clinical research staff related to project operations, working with the team to establish appropriate project expectations/timelines, review/evaluate project success, provide guidance and direction to maintain project success.
- Management of the administrative aspects of clinical research staff, working with human resources to set up employment contracts, manage leave and conduct annual appraisals. Provides guidance for human resources management, mediates and resolves administrative concerns.
- Ensures that all research activities are in compliance with policies and standards, as set out by the UOHI, funding agencies, regulatory agencies (Health Canada, FDA), Human Research Ethics Board, following Good Clinical Practice (GCP) regulations for Clinical Trials and Tri-Council Policy Statement.
- Oversight for grant submission process as required.
- Support for protocol development/or grant writing.
- The candidate must be a licensed Registered Nurse (RN), with minimum 3-5 years of clinical cardiology experience and 4 years of clinical research experience. Candidates not meeting these initial requirements will not be considered.
- Experience related to clinical research coordination and project management, budgets and finances is recommended.
- TCPS/GCP/Division 5 training should be complete and up to date.
- Ability to manage human, financial and material resources for the respective research programs.
- Strong computer skills are required.
- Strong analytical aptitude and critical thinking ability.
- Ability to write reports, create flowcharts, prepare project plans and proposals.
- Excellent interpersonal relations and communications skills, sound judgment and ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and to organize his/her work, and that of multiple teams based on priorities in order to meet target objectives and deadlines.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Ottawa Heart Institute is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. Accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process relating to any specialty requirements. Applicants should make their needs known in advance.
The successful candidate will be required, prior to the start of employment, to complete mandatory organizational training available online, provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and provide an official piece of photo identification.
The Institute requires applicants to disclose their Covid-19 vaccination status prior to being interviewed. Upon hiring, applicants must provide government issued documentation proving they have been fully vaccinated.