As soon as possible.
Reporting to the Director, Finance and Administration, and in collaboration with the Manager, Human Resources, this Project Manager (PM) will lead the planning and implement delivery of complex initiatives critical to the ongoing success, growth, and efficiencies of Human Resources within the research enterprise. The PM will be responsible for ensuring the timely delivery of projects by performing the hands-on work from start to finish, in collaboration with the current HR team and other stakeholders yet allowing the team to continue with current HR operations.
Using current project management best practices as well as change management principles; identify and communicate project objectives and milestones throughout the project phases, for management, collaborating research members and participating colleagues.
Disseminate communication and information on new initiatives, updated processes, and educational materials in a variety of media platforms as appropriate, such as oral presentations, training modules, guidance documents, newsletters, etc.
Develop or enhance Key Performance Indicators, as required, to monitor metrics for evaluating impact of changes/initiatives and meeting the research community needs.
- Undertake a comprehensive review of existing job descriptions and roles, ensuring cohesion internally and with external market
- Standardize and address job description gaps
- Proceed collaboratively with the creation and implementation of a position classification system in compliance with current guiding principles in the areas of pay equity, diversity and inclusion
- Update, create and implement pay structure
- Create/update policies and processes accordingly
- Review, refine and/or develop standardized tools for common HR processes including but not limited to templates, selection tools to provide information and guidance for leaders and staff
- Leverage technology to its full potential; collaborating with Information Technology when needed
- Track, evaluate and provide regular reports on progress of initiatives for the Director and Leadership team
- Standardize the recruitment process involving international recruits
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline or equivalent
- CPHR or CHRP designation
- Human resources professional with robust classification and compensation implementation knowledge with a minimum of 10 years experience, inclusive of experience working in a project management leadership role
- Training in the Lean Methodology and/or Project Management (PMP) designation preferred
- Broad knowledge and exposure to various Human Resources Information Systems
- Strong spoken and written communication skills; experience delivering presentations to large audiences in person and virtually
- Excellent computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office 365 software, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint and Teams
- High personal motivation, self-management, and detail-orientation; ability to prioritize and take responsibility in meeting deadlines and making progress without direct supervision, while working collaboratively with all stakeholders
- Experience in health research environment is a strong asset
- Technology expertise or experience with system integrations is an asset
- Bilingualism is an asset
Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Ottawa Heart Institute is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. Accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process relating to any specialty requirements. Applicants should make their needs known in advance.
The successful candidate will be required, prior to the start of employment, to complete mandatory organizational training available online, provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and provide an official piece of photo identification.
The Institute requires applicants to disclose their Covid-19 vaccination status prior to being interviewed. Upon hiring, applicants must provide government issued documentation proving they have been fully vaccinated.