The following checklist will help you prepare for your admission.
Before Your Admission:
- Fill out the medication list included in this booklet. Bring this with you, plus all of your medications in their original pharmacy containers.
Before your complex ablation procedure, your doctor may change the dose of your anticoagulation medication or may start you on a new or different anticoagulation medication.
Some of the heart medications you currently take may also be changed or discontinued.
Before switching any of your medications, make sure you fully understand which medications must be changed and on what specific dates any changes need to be made.
The Evening Before Your Booked Procedure:
- Between 4:00 and 8:00 p.m., expect a phone call from the Day Unit, telling you what time to come to the Heart Institute.
- If you are not contacted by 9:00 p.m., please call the Day Unit at 613-696-7000 x 14770.
On the Day of Your Admission:
- Take your usual medications with a small amount of water—unless you have been informed otherwise.
- Do not eat or drink anything from midnight onward the night before your procedure, unless you have been told otherwise.
- Remove all nail polish; do not wear any makeup.
Make Sure You Bring the Following Items with You to the Heart Institute:
- Your health card
- All your medications—in their original pharmacy containers
- Make sure you tell us about any allergies you have
- The name and phone number of your emergency contact person
- This book. It will be used after your procedure for reviewing discharge information.
Leave These Items at Home:
- All of your valuables (including money, jewellery, tablets, laptop computers). The Heart Institute is not responsible for any loss or damage to your personal belongings.
Plan for Your Discharge:
- Make transportation arrangements. You cannot drive yourself home.
- For your first night home from the hospital, arrange for someone to stay overnight with you.
If you are unable to keep the scheduled date for your electrophysiology study or ablation procedure, please notify the Wait List Management Office as soon as possible at 613-696-7063.
Sometimes there are sudden changes in scheduling that may result in your procedure being delayed. If this happens, we will let you know as soon as possible.