Risks and Complications
Your cardiologist and cardiac surgeon will fully discuss the risks of this procedure with you and your family. When talking to your doctor, the following is a list of questions that may help you to decide whether this procedure is right for you.
- How would this procedure benefit me?
- What are the risks of this procedure for me?
- How painful is the procedure?
- How long is the waiting list for this procedure?
- How long will this valve last?
- How will I be followed up?
- Will long-term medication or medication changes be required after the procedure?