- Do not visit if you have flu symptoms, fever or cough. We may deny access based on your symptoms, travel history or COVID-19 vaccination status.
- Anyone coming to the Heart Institute for an appointment or while visiting a patient is required to wear a medical-grade mask when in the clinical areas.
- Wash your hands before and after visiting.
- Follow staff instructions at all times.
Visiting hours at the Heart Institute are from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. We ask visitors to respect these hours.
Latex balloons are not permitted in the Heart Institute because they can pose a danger to patients with latex allergies.
Guidelines for visitors
- You can complete the COVID-19 assessment prior to your visit by using the electronic screening tool.
- A patient may have no more than two visitors at a time (we may allow exceptions in certain circumstances).
- An adult must accompany children under 12 at all times.
- Visitors must arrange their visit with the nursing staff in the Cardiac Surgical Critical Care Unit or the Intensive Cardiac Care Unit before visiting.