Our patient guides will help you understand specific heart conditions and medical procedures, as well as how to improve your heart health. Whether you are a patient, family member or caregiver, they are useful references and places to track important information.
Each guide is tailored to a specific diagnosis or treatment plan. Please ensure you are reviewing the appropriate material for your individual care plan.
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Cardiac Amyloidosis
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Diabetes Medications (videos)
- A Guide to Your MINOCA (Myocardial Infarction with Non-Obstructive Coronary Arteries)
- Heart Failure
- Cardiac Catheterization & Angioplasty
- Complex Ablation
- Electrophysiology Studies and Standard Ablation
- Heart Transplant
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICDs)
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy
- Recovering from Cardiac Surgery
- TAVI: Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implant
- Waiting for Cardiac Surgery
Your Guides to the Institute
- Welcome to the Heart Institute (outpatients)
- Your Guide to the University of Ottawa Heart Institute (inpatients)
University of Ottawa Heart Institute patient guides are available to other health care organizations for use and adaptation, by permission. For more information, contact the Communications Department.