Physicians and researchers of the University of Ottawa Heart Institute (UOHI) were recognized for their contributions to cardiovascular health and care at this year’s Canadian Cardiovascular Congress in Ottawa, from October 27 to 30.
- Recognition Awards from the Canadian Cardiovascular Society (CCS) were bestowed upon Rob Beanlands, MD, who received an Achievement Award; and Thais Coutinho, MD, chair of the Canadian Women’s Heart Health Centre at the UOHI, who accepted the CCS’s Harold N. Segall Award of Merit on behalf of the Canadian Women’s Heart Health Alliance.
- Benjamin Chow, MD, was recognized with the Dr. Michael Freeman Annual Achievement Award from The Canadian Society of Cardiovascular Nuclear and CT Imaging.
- Kyoung-Han Kim, PhD, won the Cardiometabolic Research Award, an annual accolade jointly created by the Canadian Cardiovascular Society, the Heart & Stroke Richard Lewar Centre of Excellence in Cardiovascular Research, and the BI-Lilly Alliance.
- Rebecca Crosier, MD, achieved the CCS Sex and Gender-Based Analysis Trainee Abstract Award.
- Pascal Theriault-Lauzier, MD, was granted the Trainee Research Award (TRA) clinical research category from the Canadian Cardiovascular Society.
For more information, or to conduct an interview with an awardee from the Heart Institute, please contact the liaison below.
Leigh B. Morris
University of Ottawa Heart Institute